Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Good Oppurtinity .. not when you need them.

There are times when i struggled very hard to get find a job .. and than a very slowly moved to a different roles within the project with more responsibilty ..

Always belived in doing your job right with expectation of any kind . not sure if this logic is right or not there are some frustratinf times , but after 4 years in the industry belive I was right ..

When I joined my comapny about one and half year ago ,had never imagined the number of places I get to travel .. has beeen very exiting .. travelled to New York and than put up in Tokyo ..

Work has been very exiting .. Just in an year have had an oppurtinuity to know very much of the Financial industry ... specially of the Fixed Income Market..

Let me tell you one incident, the first time met my Manager in New York. Could not belive seeing his mail box, and there tons of mails, and the number of phone calls , and the speed at which each issue was resolved .. NEVER could imagine doing this.. But today I see myself doing exactly this ..

It has been a tough road for me the last one year .. but very exiting as well , in the front office IT desk , Get to interact with the Traders , Middle office , Operations , Back office , Product Control and my core support and development team.

Looking form the geographic perspective all my Users are in Tokyo , Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore and my technical support in NY , London, Bangalore and sometime Mumbai ..


Well, why am i thinking all this .. today was special .. had a chat with the manager , he plans to move me to differnt role from the present role of major support to the development role. It will be exiting to work in this project , But will not get a chance to go back home soon ..

I am in a big dilemma .. choose the thing for my career and stay for few more months in Japan or pack up my bags and head back home ..

The new project is very tempting .. but still not sure .........

2 Comments:

At October 26, 2005 6:09 AM, Blogger sri said...

stayin back for a few more months?? lets see ;)
Its gonna be longer..for sure!

 
At December 05, 2005 8:49 PM, Blogger MeAwinner said...

Hey reached to ur blog from Khichi's blog... never knew that you started writing too.. :) kewl !

KOi Gal nahi.. Ajaya !
You are staying for better things..and a better role.

Best of Luck !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com